Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Phish, 10/23/10, Amherst, MA

Phish, 10/23/10, Mullins Center, Amherst, MA


I didn't put in for any Phish Fall Tour Lottery or even try and buy during onsale this year because 1) MSG is right around the corner, and 2) Quite honestly, I've been feeling sentenced to getting a YEM and Prince Caspian at practically every show I've been to since their return in '09, therefore 3) If I hear YEM or Caspian more than one more time this year (this includes the 2010 portion of the MSG run), Trey is in serious danger of getting bitch-slapped. With plenty of other Fall Tours on my list, Phish didn't feel obligatory, which is kind of an odd feeling. If a ticket came my way and the mood struck me, I'd take it from there.

The rest of this review will be presented in Haiku verse.

Mark's extra Amherst
for a round-trip adventure,
was a decent deal^.

Amish Sammiches,
Mark learns all about Sea Salt,
eats a Snackers bar.

Lot traffic totes blew.
No more waiting- make a right!
We'll walk to The Phish!



A first set moment:
B.B.F.C.F.M., YES!
Weird vibes from the crowd?



Fishman saved the set,
running around and screaming.
TweezeStick Reprise, whaaat?!





Big My Friend x 2,
a fun Maze and Harry Hood,
Shine A Light was nice.

His silver hair glowed.
My intestines were bouncing,
Mike was showing off.





Caspian and YEM,
Oh, The Phish, how you mock me.
*cold slap of my palm*




HIGHLIGHTS in glorious Technicolor!
Set 1: Meatstick, Party Time, Golgi Apparatus, Kill Devil Falls, Tweezer, Lawn Boy, Sparkle > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, HYHU > Love You > HYHU, Possum > Tweezer Reprise

Set 2: Down With Disease > My Friend My Friend > Prince Caspian > Halfway to the Moon > Boogie On Reggae Woman > Maze, Wading in the Velvet Sea > Piper > Harry Hood > You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Shine A Light

SLIDESHOW AND HI-RES GALLERY



^ and there was Alice Cooper Karaoke (which is itself, too many syllables to deal with putting into a Haiku right now) on the ride back!

No comments: